Saturday, May 24, 2008

Yeah, Yeah, I know, this is cheating, but......

I know, posting a video clip is not considered a real blog post in some necks of the woods, but around these here parts I like to live on the edge. Actually, I have a few ideas for posts that I'm mulling around, but they are kind of heavy, and are going to take some sittin' down and concentrating. I think sittin' down and concentrating on a three day holiday weekend is just not cool. So I'm not gonna do it. No way, no how.

I'm actually off Ms Q's house to celebrate her birthday with The Tap Dancer in true decadent style. There will be drinking and feasting, and more drinking. I think we may even get a visit from political royalty. Needless to say there will be incriminating pictures later in the week. In the meantime, I'm posting a clip by one of my favorite artists, Tom Waits. This little bon mot is a classic. We like to quote bits and pieces of it whenever we can. Enjoy!

6 comments:

we_be_toys said...

Oh man, I love this song!

"...all Halloween orange and chiminey red..."

"...never could stand that dog."

This weekend - its going to be grand. And you're right - a 3 gay weekend is NO time for seriousness.

"Party on, Wayne."

we_be_toys said...

Ooh, my slip is showing! A 3 Gay weekend? Christ, don't tell Ms. Q - it'll freak her out!

Anonymous said...

Oh a 3 gay weekend does sound like fun to me :) LOL

I love Tom Waits

FairiesNest said...

Mark would be proud of you girl!

Heather said...

I am desperately trying to remember part of a play I did where the woman burned down the house in a bout of prairie madness.

Anonymous said...

A 3-gay weekend??? That's fabulous! I've having a 2-day weekend. That hasn't happened in like 2 years. I bow to your 3-gayness.