Monday, October 27, 2008

Off with her head!

Where is my head these days?
Certainly not where it should be; not at work, dealing with the epic piles of crap that are accumulating on my desk. It's only a matter of time before they notice, or before the fire marshal comes to condemn my corner of cube land.

Not in the day to day upkeep of a life in motion. Phone calls I need to make are forgotten. Yes, I look like I'm having a conversation, paying attention, nodding in agreement to I know not what, but really I'm miles away. My thoughts jumping like psychotic fish in an overcrowded, electrified pond.

My head isn't here either. I have tried to sit down and focus long enough to write something, anything worth reading, and obviously this isn't it. I have failed miserably, my queue is littered with half completed thoughts, paragraphs that run together, but fail to make a point. My google reader glares accusingly from it's corner of my computer screen, but even that simple, usually enjoyable break in my day, sits undone.

Here's the goocher. The things that have me so utterly distracted would make great posts, but I can't write about them. I'd like to, but one mini drama centers around family, and if Family reads of mini drama, Chanda will be in the poo. Nothing makes me want to drink like a Kennedy than family drama and the impending holidays.

The big pink elephant in the room, the source of all recent lobotomized behavior, centers around absolutely nothing but a remote possibility; a shadow of hope warring with a tsunami of self doubt and ambivalence (hard to say who's). I feel like the more I talk about it, the more I jinx it, and the more humiliated I'll be when it all comes to nothing. See, I told you there was pessimism. Suffice it to say; "Yes, Virginia, there is a guy".

I'll stop this incoherent ramble now, while I'm ahead, sort of. I promise I'll be catching up with everyone soon. In the mean time, that girl in the corner muttering to herself and drooling? Yeah, that's me.

19 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Oh, the drooler is you? I thought I was looking in a mirror. :)

Hope things level out for you soon...{{hugs fellow drooler}}

we_be_toys said...

I've already got my line ready - "He's a little prick Stacie!" - but I'm holding out, hoping for the best.

But if not...then we're gonna "junk punch him in his man business...etc, etc!"

derfina said...

*ears perk* Ooh. Dude in picture and droolage. I'm all ears.

Heather said...

Well, whatever is going on hang in there! Yes, with that stupid kitty!

thailandchani said...

Wow... well, it all sounds very intriguing. :)


~*

FairiesNest said...

Hmm...well there are 3 big guys I know who'll take him to the cleaners if necessary...but on the other hand maybe it won't be and how cool would that be!? ...and yes i definitely want details!!

Gypsy said...

The fact that Toys quoted Fast Times at Ridgemont High makes me love her all the more.

As for you, I have a solution. Email me the details, that way the family will never know and I'll be in on it. The fact that I'm a nosy little twat has nothing to do with it.

Ben and Bennie said...

I'm all ears about the man bizzness...uh not like Tapper's line. And, yeah, Gypsy. She drops shit like that all the freakin' time. How can you not love her?

flutter said...

THERE IS A GUY?!?!?!?!

um, spill please

Anonymous said...

I thought *I* was the man in your life?!

[ducking]

Yeah, I know all about incoherent. After my big test tomorrow (It got postponed, so I could dread it longer . . . ) I will return to civilization, and clear out the 180 unread posts in my reader . . .

Aaarrgh!

(On a completely unrelated side note, I just noticed my word verification thingy almost spells out a word that makes sense . . . mamsberi. Sounds like a lovely ice cream flavor . . . exotic, erotic, downright sinful . . . )

(going to bed now . . . )

bandick said...

Goocher? That's mine now.

Vodka Mom said...

you had me at "drinking like a Kennedy"

isn't it always about a boy?

Hanlie said...

So you're just going to leave us hanging? Darn!

Anonymous said...

And I'm on Gypsy's personal email list. Just sayin' ;)

Dean said...

When I was a wee lad, I sat one Sunday afternoon in the local pub with my dad and the worst case hiccups. An elderly regular (read: old git) slapped a twenty on the bar and told me that if I hiccuped again then the twenty was mine. I waited and waited. No hiccups.

I think writing is much like that. Sometimes I get so caught up in what I want to say that I miss it entirely.

And other times, well, that's just my time of the month... and, yes, guys do have them. Oddly enough, they're usually at the same time as Susan's... But my point is that sometimes it just isn't there.

Now what I hate about you is that even when it isn't there, it's there! Chanda magic! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

It's quiet . . . too quiet. Hope things are alright . . . (?)

bandick said...

Oh, no...I thought for sure there was going to be juicy news when I was reading the pickle's last post. I shall return to the corner with my book until you come back to us.

Gypsy said...

Um. Hi. Remember us?

Gwen said...

Remember "Say Anything?"

"Don't be a guy, Lloyd. The world is full of guys. Be a man."

Which means: I hope this is about a Man, because Guys? are not that great.